Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Profile: Johnny Klebitz


http://www.jewornotjew.com/profile.jsp?ID=496

I have a love/hate relationship with the Grand Theft Auto series in that I really want to love it, but can't make myself not hate it.

There are few series that move the world of gaming forward like GTA. The open world concept (and their evolution of how to tell stories within that framework) is the kind of innovative thinking and execution that gets me all giddy about the future of my chosen hobby.

Yet whenever I sit down to play one of them, I never last past the first few hours of gameplay. Maybe it's the setting -- while I understand that many are entranced by the idea of a life of crime, it's never had much of a hold on my own irrepressible imagination. On the other hand, maybe it's because the series' storytelling has yet to graduate from the intelligence level of a 14 year old boy, still sparked into an explosion of laughter by high level concepts like "boobies."

Certainly, having a lead character with such a creative and well thought out nickname like "The Jew" belies the fact that that particular weakness is still ongoing.

No comments:

Post a Comment